Within the scope of the Social Simulation Conference 2019, the fishbowl will take place. The fishbowl is a special discussion meeting, where top-class experts debate about a certain topic, while you as the audience have the opportunity to participate in the discussion. The major topic will be
An impetus given by the Scientific Advisory Council for Demography of the State Rhineland-Palatinate
In detail, the discussion will be about currently observable trends and prognoses in the context of demographic development of the State Rhineland-Palatine, as well as possible strategies and approaches for cities, districts and regions to manage these changes. At the same time, previous approaches and other sectors with urgent need of intervention will be covered. Also, the contribution of simulation methods for handling these observable developments will be part of the discussion.
The fishbowl will be held in English.
- Prof. Dr. Veronika Cummings (University of Mainz)
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Köppen (University of Koblenz-Landau)
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Dieter Rombach (University of Kaiserslautern)
- Prof. Dr. Petra Ahrweiler (University of Mainz)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Noennig (University of Dresden)
- Prof. Dr. Gert Jan Hofstede (Wageningen University, NL)
Thursday, 26th September 2019, 15:30 - 17:00
Philosophicum P1, Jakob-Welder-Weg 18, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
If you have any questions, please contact ssc2019orga[at]uni-mainz.de.