The reception evening, as the festive opening event of the Social Simulation Conference 2019, will be a special highlight of the conference week. An excellent programme awaits you, including:
- Opening speech held by Sabine Bätzing-Lichtenthäler. She is a German politician and the current State Minister of Social Affairs, Labour, Health and Demography of Rhineland-Palatine. The title of her speech is Shaping the demographic transition together.
- Exciting contributions from students who developed possible political interventions for innovative mobility concepts in cities, while considering the current demographic development in the sense of ecological and sustainable change of cities
- An expert discussion, where these concepts from the students and the contribution of simulation methods for evaluating the effectivity of them are debated. Said experts are, among others:
- Prof. Dr. Petra Ahrweiler (Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, DE)
- Prof. Dr. Nigel Gilbert (University of Surrey, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Joshua Epstein (New York University, US)
- Prof. Dr. Gert Jan Hofstede (Wageningen University, NL)
- Prof. Dr. Erik Johnston (Arizona State University, US)
- Prof. Dr. Eveline van Leeuwen (Wageningen University, NL)
- ESSA-President Dr. Gary Polhill (James Hutton Institute, UK).
The individual items of the programme are accompanied by a live band and cinematic visualizations. Following this, the evening comes to a convivial open end with finger food and drinks.
If you registered for the full package of SSC2019, your ticket to the Reception Evening is included in your order. If you did not, you can still register for the Reception Evening here.
Tuesday, 24th September 2019, 17:30 - Open End
Philosophicum P1, Jakob-Welder-Weg 18, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
If you have any questions, please contact ssc2019orga[at]uni-mainz.de.